Monday, February 17, 2014

Treasures from the fair!






So yesterday I had the pleasure of a fabulous day out at the Silver Springs Antique Fair with the lovely Miss Mona Bells to hunt for treasure! 

My big prize of the day of course, is this incredible 19th century HMV gramophone, complete with tin horn, a collection of wild swing records and plenty of needles to keep us going for a while! It has the iconic and beautiful background crackling, and I adore the little hand painted logo on the front. Doesn't it look so sweet in our kitchen? Perfect for the odd dance around the place in the morning with Heidi ;) Needless to say, my life is now considerably more complete now.




I also got my mitts on some bits and pieces of beautiful hand painted china, as well as some fun, colourful Royal Tara. I'm come to accept, that a girl can never own too many pretty teacups, no matter how small her kitchen may be and don't even try to resist any more.





I got this dinky little Victorian trinket box, which well to do ladies would have kept on their dresser to store their engagement ring and other precious pieces of jewellery in at night. I love glass boxes and display cases in general, and it reminded me of a terrarium, so I had to have it!

Finally I got a good deal on a handful of lovely silver thimbles which I plan to make into necklaces, I especially love this one which says 'Forget me not' across it.

We also have a date planned for next weekend as I'm going to be attending my very first auction, with lunch and drinks after, and I am beyond excited about what bargains await! What vintage treasures have you dug up lately?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment