Thursday, June 21, 2012

Random recipe: Luxury Turkish delight brownies



Ingredients;

150g good quality milk cooking chocolate
 175g butter
450g light brown sugar
3 eggs
200g flour
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs rose water
150g roast nuts (I used the Tesco finest luxury selection which had pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamias and pistachios in it, nom..)


Directions;

Pre-heat your oven to 180C
Melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat
Add the sugar to the butter and chocolate, stirring to dissolve
Beat the eggs and stir into the batter
Add the whole roast nuts, vanilla and rosewater and mix
Sift in your flour and mix until just combined
Pour the mix into a well greased tray and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a knife comes out clean)
Cut into squares and cool on a wire rack.

I made these for my sister's husbands family on a recent visit of theirs to Ireland, rosewater is a bit of an obsession of mine (I've tried adding it to nearly everything at some point, even tea!) and along with the extravagant nut mix really makes this a very special brownie recipe. It's amazing how much these taste like Turkish delight! I borrowed the lovely photo up top, I'm not a fan of using other peoples photography on blogs as a rule (it seems really impersonal and emotionless to me) but it is actually so hard to photograph brownies well and it just wasn't happening for me at the time (I really tried, they just looked so awful, totally unworthy of the recipe) so I made an exception this time, plus it's a really pretty picture :)



P.S. This is Pumpkin. He's a little poorly but with much love, nursing and trips to the vet is hopefully well on his way to better days. He has a pink nose and loves having his tummy rubbed. I grabbed him off the middle of a busy main road last night. Some of the photos are a little blurry because he's in quarantine in our bathroom and the light in their sucks for photos, but fear not there will be many more adorable kitten photos in the future! So much for our not getting any more kittens and getting the travel the world one day plan. Oh well, life's too short not to have kittens at least some of the time :)





2 comments:

  1. They sound delicious. I love Turkish delight chocolate so I'll have to have a go at making these. Aw, Pumpkin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete