Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIY: fabric bow ring



I've made myself a few of these over the last week, nearly one for every outfit so far! I think they're absolutely adorable. Although it took a bit of experimenting to get the shape of the bows just right, I've managed to come up with a quick an easy way to make them without any sophisticated craft tools.


* Pretty fabric scraps - a fat quarter would be loads
* Scissors  - preferably fabric scissors, but any good sharp pair will do!
* Needle and thread in colour of fabric
* Dress-makers pencil - a regular pencil will do too
* Ring bases with flat pads - available from bead and craft shops
* Glue gun or some strong multi-purpose glue - I used a glue-gun but a stronger glue would be better!
* Iron and somewhere to press your fabric
* Ruler






















3 comments: